Superior Housing Design and a True Sandwich Design Maximize Busway Performance
Pow-R-Way III is constructed with a lightweight and durable, two-piece, aluminum-extruded housing. The nonventilated
housing design excludes potential points of penetration by moisture or dust. Bus bars for plug-in applications have
full-sized conductor tabs welded by a fully automated state-of-the-art welding process. This design extends the contact
surfaces outside of the busway housing and into the plug-in outlet. The benefits of the true sandwich design for both
plug-in and feeder busway include improved coordination and heat dissipation, better bracing, and the elimination of the
Epoxy Insulation Provides Exceptional Performance
The phase and neutral bars are insulated with Class B, 130 Degrees C, epoxy insulation applied by an automated fluidized
bed process. This application insulates the conductors in a precise and controlled manner to ensure smooth, continuous,
high quality protection. Following the epoxy insulation process, all contact surfaces are silver plated to provide an
extremely durable connection.
Pow-R-Bridge Joint Reduces Installation Time and Provides Flexibility for Future Modifications
Pow-R-Way III joint connections are made with the rugged Pow-R-Bridge joint package. A Pow-R-Bridge is installed on each
section of busway prior to shipment. Job site connections are made quickly by releasing the bridge joint bolt, moving the
next section into place, and re-tightening the bolt. Torque-indicating, double-headed bolts with fall-away instruction
tags are provided to ensure that proper installation torque is achieved. The Pow-R-Bridge provides an adjustment in
section length of up to 1-inch (25.4 mm) at each joint.
Superior Housing Design and a True Pow-R-Way III Offers Grounding and Neutral Options to Meet Every Customer Preference and
The aluminum housing is UL listed as a 50% integral ground path and is provided as a standard, economical ground system.
A 50% internal ground bar is also available. In certain industrial applications, a ground path greater than 50% may be
required. Pow-R-Way III can solve this problem in a cost-efficient manner through combining the 50% integral housing
ground with the 50% internal ground. To meet the growing demand for grounding isolation, Pow-R-Way III also offers a 50%
isolated ground bar. When customers are concerned about harmonics and overheating generated by nonlinear loads, Pow-R-Way
III provides a solution through a fully rated 200% capacity neutral bar.
A Space-Saving Innovation - The Corner Joint Elbow (For Indoor Use Only)
The Pow-R-Way III Corner Joint combines the features of the Pow-R-Bridge with reduced elbow leg lengths. Due to its
compact design, the corner joint allows for layouts that provide optimum utilization of space and increases available
A Complete Line of Fittings for Indoor and Outdoor Applications
Pow-R-Way III offers an extensive range of fittings to meet every application need. Flanges, elbows, end cable tap boxes,
and end closures used in basic busway routing. For more complex layouts, combination elbows and offsets can be utilized
along with transformer throats, vault flanges, reducers, and expansion joints.
Enhanced Bus Plug Design Facilitates Installation and Improves Safety
Pow-R-Way III plug-in protective devices are available in circuit breaker and fusible switch designs. Standard features
include: oversized enclosures, extended ground and neutral bars, line side barriers, bus plug alignment pin, busway
interlock, and improved clamp and guides. Advanced bus plugs provide protection, communication and coordination
capabilities using the Clipper Power System (TVSS), Energy Sentinel, Digitrip OPTIM, and Advantage Motor Control
High 6-Cycle Short Circuit Ratings Optimize Coordination between Busway and Power Equipment and Meet High Quality
All ratings of Pow-R-Way III have been tested to 6-cycle standards and have achieved a minimum rating of 85 kA and a
maximum rating of 200 kA rms symmetrical.
Features, Benefits and Functions
Pow-R-Way III Offers a Full Line of Low Voltage Busway to Meet the Needs of the Global Marketplace
Eaton has combined the requirements of NEMA, UL, and CSA into one design. With standard features that include a two-piece
aluminum housing, finger safe plug-in outlets, an integral ground path and high 6-cycle short circuit withstand ratings,
Pow-R-Way III provides a busway system that can be utilized over a broad spectrum of industrial, commercial and institutional
225 to 5000A copper and 225 to 4000A aluminum straight sections of plug-in busway are available in 24-inch (610 mm)
incremental lengths from a 2-foot (610 mm) minimum to 10-foot (3048 mm) maximum. Sprinkler-proof plug-in busway is an
225 to 5000A copper and 225 to 4000A aluminum straight sections of indoor and outdoor feeder busway available in any
length in 1/8-inch increments from a 21-inch (533 mm) minimum to a 10-foot (3048 mm) maximum. A wide range of fittings
are available in indoor or outdoor feeder busway.
A full family of busway plug-in units are available. Standard plug-in units include fusible or circuit breaker
protection. Advanced plug-in units include Clipper / TVSS surge suppression, communicating IQ Energy Sentinel and OPTIM
Circuit Breakers, and Advantage combination contactors and starters.
Product Features and Benefits
- The all aluminum two-piece housing provides durability and product integrity.
- The lightweight and compact design results in easy installation.
- The housing combined with a true sandwich design in both plug-in and feeder busway contributes to improved coordination
and high short circuit ratings.
- An epoxy insulation process ensures optimum conductor and system protection.
- Silver-plated joint and contact surfaces provide high-quality connections.
- Highly automated manufacturing processes result in a superior product.
- The Pow-R-Bridge joint package and torque indicating bolt gives a rugged, yet flexible and easy-to-install connection.
- Corner Joint Elbows contribute to successful layouts and minimize space limitations.
- High 6-cycle short circuit ratings optimize coordination between busway and power equipment.
- This world-class product design and manufacturing meets the requirements of NEMA, CSA, British standards, Seismic, and
- Plug-in busway design and an enhanced bus plug-in unit facilitates installation and improves safety.
- Flexible ground and neutral options provide solutions for any application problem.
- A full family of plug-in units are available for every power need.
- Advanced bus plugs provide protection, communication and coordination capabilities.
- The busway manufacturing plant in Greenwood, SC is able to meet your emergency or quick ship requirements with quick
ship leadtimes from a few days to 2 weeks.
- Customer approval drawings can be available in 2 weeks or less to meet your project requirements.
- Eaton's final field fit program ensures accurate layout and allows for minor last-minute modifications during
- Advanced system tools including Bid Manager, ProDesign, and the Bid Manager Busway Layout Tool provide quick and accurate
Standards and Certifications
- Busway product and application support are available from a professional team of Eaton employees that include Field
- Engineers, Application Engineers, Engineering Service Systems and the Greenwood Busway Product Engineering
- Pow-R-Way III meets the requirements of NEMA, UL857, CSA C22.2 No. 27-94, British Standards 5490, IEEE, ANSI, and is
manufactured in an ISO 9002 certified facility.
- Pow-R-Way III is certified in the Uniform Building Code and the California Building Code to exceed Zone 4