Eaton's Breaker Type Transfer Switches are designed for a variety of standby power applications for critical loads. With
available automatic, non-automatic and manual transfer modes, they provide flexibility, reliability and value in a
compact package. In the event of a primary power source interruption, a transfer switch provides an effective means to
transfer the load circuits to an alternate power source while reducing the possibility of injury or property damage.
Breaker Type Transfer Switches meet or exceed all industry standards for endurance, reliability and performance. They are
listed under CSA Spec 178 and Underwriters Laboratories UL 1008 Standard for Transfer Switch Equipment and optionally
available as suitable for emergency and standby systems as defined in NFPA 99 for health care facilities.
- 2-, 3- or 4-poles.
- Up to 600 Vac, 50/60 Hz.
- NEMA 1, 3R, 12, 4 and 4x open enclosures
- Suitable for emergency and standby systems (all loads).
- UL 1008 listed.
- CSA C22.2 No. 178 certified.
Available Logic Controllers
Industrial Design Highlights
- Auxiliary relay contacts:
- Source 1 Present 2NO & 2NC
- Source 2 Present 2NO & 2NC
- Switch position indication contacts:
- Source 1 Position 1NO & 1NC
- Source 2 Position 1NO & 1NC
- Source 1 & Source 2 sensing:
- 3-phase rotation protection
- 3-phase voltage unbalance/loss
- Pre-transfer signal contacts 1NO/1NC.
- Go to Emergency (Source 2).
- Seven field programmable time delays.
- LCD-based display for programming, system diagnostic and Help message display.
- Mimic diagram with source available and connected LED indication.
- System test pushbutton.
- Programmable plant exerciser.
- Safe manual operation under full load with permanently affixed operating handle.
- Monitor Utility and Generator power source voltages and Generator power source frequency.
- Provides undervoltage protection of the Utility and Generator power sources.
- Provides underfrequency and overfrequency protection of the Utility and Generator power source.
- Provides faceplate source status indications.
Design Features, Benefits and Functions
Unmatched Performance and Versatility
- Double-throw, mechanically interlocked transfer mechanism.
- High withstand and closing ratings.
- Seismic Zone 4 qualified (BOCA_, CBC, IBC, UBC_).
The Eaton family of breaker type transfer switches offers unmatched performance, versatility and value for power
switching applications. At the heart of these designs is the Eaton Molded Case Switch, designed specifically to meet
CSA Spec 178 and UL 1008.
Superior Main Contact Structure
All Eaton breaker type Transfer Switches meet or exceed the standards set forth in CSA Spec 178 & Sec 5 and UL 1008
and UL 489. No other transfer switch manufacturer has met the rigid testing requirements of this combination of standards.
Completely enclosed contacts add a measure of safety and reliability. It also ensures the integrity of the contact assemblies
and minimizes the need for periodic maintenance of the contacts, reducing downtime.
Fast, Powerful and Safe Power Switching Mechanism
The power panel utilizes a unidirectional gear motor mechanism. The power panel can be operated manually under a full
Integral Overcurrent Protection
Using Molded Case Circuit Breakers, switches can be equipped with integral overcurrent protection for improved system
coordination and cost-efficient service entrance applications.